Ben Hulme Resumé
Bachelor of Science, Computer Design
- Studied the following packages; Maya, 3D Studio Max, Solidworks, Photoshop, Dreamweaver.
- Learnt about designing and documenting projects and other budgetary based projects.
- Member of the Student Representative Council.
- Obtained a Double First on a psychological paper titled ‘Exploring the Dynamic Aspects of Multiplayer and Single Player Systems’.
RADEMACHER Geräte-Elektronik GmbH
May 2013 to Present
Manufacturing and Operations Manager
- In charge of a Multi-Million RMB Manufacturing Facility in Shanghai.
- Full Management Responsibility for Production, Sourcing, Supplier Improvement, Cost Reduction and Design Optimisation.
- In charge of a dynamic staff of: Engineers, Production Staff, Purchasing Engineers, Logistics Staff, Process Engineers and Supervisors.
- Responsible for Full APQP for new Manufacturing Projects and Continual LEAN Six Sigma Improvement.
- Redesigned Production Lines. Improved Production time by 30% and Reduced Cost by 25%.
- Fully restructured the supply chain to Reduce Costs by 10% and Reduce Lead time by 40%
March 2012 to May 2013
Product Development & Purchasing Manager
- Founded and Managed the Product Development Department at ET2C International.
- Managed a dynamic multinational staff of: Merchandisers, Designers, Administrators, Accountants, and Marketers.
- Fully managed the front to back Development of Eight products from Concept to Mass Production.
- Successfully bid for a €20 Million BP plc. Procurement Program.
Hulme Trading Limited.
April 2009 to January 2012
- Successfully Sourced and Managed the Production of Six Products to be Shipped to the UK
- Front to Back Development on Four Products for Shipment all over Europe.
- 15 Successfully Completed Manufacturing Projects for Clients, on time and to budget.
- Successfully Managed Four Factory Turn-Arounds including One for a Home Depot Audit.
Skills & Achievements
- Proficient in APQP (ISO/TS16949) all the way from Product Development through to Manufacturing and Mass Production. This includes the development and documentation of DFMEA, PFMEA and the consolidation of the documents for PPAP Level III.
- While at Rademacher we gained three manufacturing projects through my submitted Control Plans and PFMEA Documentation and Planning.
- During my time at ET2C International I gained the bidding rights to a €20 Million Euro Account with our submissions.
- This required management of a team of Sourcing Personnel, Merchandisers and Logistics Staff to source products, vet suppliers and calculate shipping prices. BP plc. wanted DDP pricing which made the project more complex.
- I was also responsible for the Sourcing, Supplier Vetting and Presenting for a Large Purchasing program from a American Marketing Company.
- Supplier Sourcing, restructuring and Vetting for a wide variety of products ranging from Consumer Products through to Engineered Parts and Assemblies.
- Writing and Constructing Supplier Audit and Due Diligence Forms.
- After taking control of production at Rademacher I worked on improving and restructuring the supply base. Through detailed supplier audits, improvements and renegotiation we were able to reduce material costs by 10% and reduce material lead-time by 40%.
- In all of my roles I have also worked on supporting and developing suppliers to help them achieve and meet the clients requirements. This has led to suppliers being more flexible and cost effective when meeting a customers requirements.
- Detailed knowledge and proven ability with LEAN Six Sigma methodology, including the implementation and development of 5S methodology.
- The implementation of LEAN Six Sigma methodology resulted in the 30% reduction in production time and the 25% reduction in factory cost
- Production Line Planning and Costing
- At Rademacher I needed to be responsible for Production Line and overall Factory Planning. At Rademacher line changes needed to planned far in advance and optimised to avoid disruption and downtime.
- A full costing model of the production lines of our facilities as well as suppliers facilities was constructed in order to quickly calculate costs and analyse where reductions could be made.
- Once I took over the manufacturing facility for Rademacher there have been zero claims and quality problems. In my previous manufacturing projects, quality problems have been reduced to below 1% using LEAN Six Sigma and Quality analysis methods. I always drive for continual improvement and strive for perfection in production operations.
- Five key manufacturing methods:
- My main specialisation is in assembly facilities. I am fully responsible for Rademacher Assembly facility in Shanghai and have fully worked on a costing model, supply chain optimisation, supplier relationships and the moving and founding of a new manufacturing facility.
- CNC and Machining. I implemented and worked on process development at several of our suppliers facilities as well as at Rademacher Production Facility. I have also worked on design optimisation and production optimisation for Machining and CNC work (Grinding, Machining and Milling).
- Due to many of the parts used for assembly at our facility being plastic parts I also have a detailed knowledge and understand of Injection Molding manufacturing and Tooling Creation methods. This also includes Hot Runner Technology and Vertical Molding.
- Electronics and PCB Manufacturing. While working on one of my factory turn-arounds and at ZG Soltutions I was responsible for improvement and setting up of SMT Lines and PCB Manufacturing methods.
- Lastly I also have experience in Stamping production methods, including non-progressive and progressive tools. I have also worked with more complex stamping projects such as the creation of door hinges and automatic insertion.
- Through close work with Quality Managers and Supervisors I have also assisted and worked on the construction, analysis and implementation of: QSR (Quality System Requirements), QSA (Quality System Assessment), MSA (Measuring System Analysis) and SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- These processes have been implemented both at Manufacturing Facilities as well as Supplier Facilities to ensure goods delivered reach the desired quality level.
- Management Skills:
- During my career I have managed a wide variety of teams ranging from 10 to 60 people all the way through to factory turn arounds I did for Home Depot on a LED Factory with 300+ Employees.
- I have experience managing, building and mentoring diverse teams of people ranging from: Merchandisers, Purchasing Engineers, Engineers, Quality Control Personnel, Production Staff, Commercial and Logistics, Sourcing Staff, Sales Teams, Administration and Human Resources.
- I am also adept at dealing with suppliers and ensuring terms are met and products are delivered on time and to standard.
- During my time in China I have been responsible for the management of multiple projects ranging from: Product Development, Manufacturing Ramp up, Design Improvements and Optimisation, and Supplier Management and Restructuring. All of these projects were under my full control in terms of deadlines and finances.
- Account Management:
- In all of my various roles I was in a customer facing position with direct responsibility and accountability to the customer. In the case of the project for BP plc. I made contact through channels and drove the sales team through the production of presentations and marketing materials for their €20 Million purchasing program.
- Through my design work at University and my work in China I am adept at 3D packages and analysing Engineering drawings. This has mainly been developed throughout my career in China.
- Detailed theoretical and practical understanding of the implementation and continuous running of ISO9001 and TS16949 Standards.